- in-class group response (these presentations are to be synopses of research rooted in the experience based on site visits / guest lecturers or the readings) and short reviews,
- documentation of experience
- individual mid-term presentation on an historical exhibition related to course material/ documentation-in-progress;
- a final research paper in which students analyze the field in a focus area of their own choosing, integrating at least some of the presentations and visits that will be made during the course of the class.
- Participation In Class/ Blog: (In-class presentations, weekly reviews, on-line responses): %45
- Individual mid-term presentation: %15
- Online/Offline Experience Documentation: %15 (journalistic/ archival skills combined with curiosity and enthusiasm )
- Final Paper: %25
Auditing students are expected to partake in weekly presentations, site visits, and on-line contributions.